Re: DML Digest V4 #658

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 12:29:37 EDT

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999 22:02:29 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 19:10:44
>From: Bob Tom <tigers@bserv.com>
>Subject: DML: Any Updates on IAT & H20 Temp. Sensors
>
>Now that we are into the hot season, does anyone have any
>updated information regarding their testing with the IAT and
>water temp. sensors? TIA.
>
>Bob
>Burlington, Ontario

I've been playing around with my new toy - Easim diagnostics software
program that plugs into the ECM port - it shows my IAT to be 61 degrees
F with a 15k ohm resistor in place. If I plug up the IAT harness, it
starts off at ambient (~ 80 F), but rises with the increase in engine
operating temp to a max of ~ 15 F lower than coolant temp. My 180 F
thermostat actually runs around 185 F, you can see the temp rise past
190 F, then after the t'stat opens, the temp drops back to ~ 185 F. I'm
planning on using a higher resistor to make the engine see ~ 30 F and
see what happens...

                Later,

                        Russ Selkirk

--