Re: Ram air setups (long)

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 15:11:18 EDT

A while ago, I had removed one of the foglight covers and ran a dryer hose
up to the opening in the fenderwell/engine compartment. It works fairly
decent for delivering cooler air to the intake but it was only a test to
see if mileage/performance would be affected. (There was a slight decrease
in mileage when it was removed.) I've since kept it off due to rain, mud,
and dust...but this may be a part solution to our problems.

I've noticed that some of the DML'ers have made "Home-Brew" RamAir setups.
Where are/were you collecting the air from and how is it being routed?