Out of gas again!

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Fri Jun 18 1999 - 14:52:53 EDT

My wifes car has been out of service for a week or 2 until I get around
to fixing it, so she's been driving my R/T to work and back.
This morning, I deciced to drive the R/T to the bank and as I started
out, I noted the guages as usual. Over 1/4 tank of gas, no warning light
or chime, everything else operating as normal.
Once again, I swing onto the hwy entrance ramp(always happens there!)
and, of course, nail the throttle.
At first it just felt a little light in acceleration and then, wham,
stutter, check engine, WTF? Over?
Well like I said, it's the 3rd time now, so I'm getting the routine
down.
I limp into the gas station and get a 10 spot.
I fire it back up and it runs rough for a while, then comes back to
life, but the c.e.light won't go out like it normally does.
I burped the computer and it's fine now. However this does mean a trip
to the dreaded Dealership. I must admit, I've had better luck than most
of you with Dealership issues. I'm still not looking foreward to it,
just the same.
                                               Alan S.