changing speedo gear; was dakota HANDLING

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 1999 - 17:41:07 EDT

Coupla reasons.

First, changing speedo gears will get you accurate readings for only limited
diameters of tires. With the bike speedo, you calibrate the speedo by
entering the circumference of your tire; therefore, you can have any number
of different-sized tires and still have a super-accurate speedo/odometer,
plus a trip computer to boot!

Second, with extra harnesses ($10 each) you can use the same computer on a
number of different vehicles. Right now I'm using the computer on my
GoldWing and on my mountain bike. The 3rd harness should be in (backordered
at bike shop) next Wednesday, at which point I'll install that harness on
the Dak, evaluate it, and do a write-up for the DML. So, for <$50, I have a
super-accurate speedo/odo/trip computer for all three vehicles, regardless
of what size tires I run!

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate

Ryan K wrote...