Re: ATTN:QUICK-D Performance

From: Mark G. Taylor (n3tel@intrepid.net)
Date: Fri Jun 18 1999 - 18:03:44 EDT

For what it is worth... I was not able to get a good set of comparison nunmbers,
but initially, the truck did seem to bog slightly the first couple of days, but
it now is back to normal. The bog was only from a dead stop, upon full throttle
acceleration. I think the truck was starving for fuel. I also installed the
TonyD intake kit at the same time, so it probably had no idea what to do with all
the new air it was getting. Seems the computer has now adjusted for the added
air, and now there is no bog. I suppose d/c the battery would have meant the
machine learned the new tricks sooner, but i wanted to know what difference the
mods made. From day one, though, the high end RPM was a lot more, and now the
thing screams. I have one of the first ones, which was the 52MM version. Feel
free to E-mail me with questions...