Re: Re: Ram air setups>>>>(HOSE CHANGE)

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 1999 - 19:14:35 EDT

At 05:06 PM 6/18/99 EDT, you wrote:
>I know about the Cherokee hose swap,,but what did you use the
>pool hose for?

On the driver's side valve cover is the breather. It is attached
to the stock air intake assembly on the passenger side via
a 90 degree (approximate) rubber hose, a plastic tube which runs from
the driver's side to the passenger's side behind the air assembly and
then another 90 degree rubber hose connects the plastic tube to
in stock inlet.

The K&N base plate in the 1503 kit has the inlet for the breather
hose already built in but because of the angle it's at, you
cannot attached the stock fittings. What I did was to remove the
plastic tube, put one of 90 hoses on the K&N fitting and then
turned the base plate so that it was more on the driver's side.
I didn't want to cut the plastic tube in case I ever have to put
back the stock air assembly so I tried some pool hoses. I found
one which fitted snugly inside the 90 hose, cut it to about 3", and
inserted it into the stock 90 hose which I put on the K&N base plate
and the 90 hose which is on the breather. Didn't even need clamps.

This pool hose is behind the air cleaner near the firewall so you
don't notice it unless you were to look there very closely.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red