cleaning plugs after f/i cleaning

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Sat Jun 19 1999 - 20:32:48 EDT

"<< Kyle, I highly suggest you pull your plugs and clean or replace
them.
 Patrick
 Firestone in Baltimore >>

I just put them in about 5,000 miles ago, and just regapped them to .050

when
I added my MSD 6-Offroad Ignition box last week, so no need to replace
them
at all. Why do you think I should clean them? No biggie, it only take 10

minutes to pull em and put em back in, just curious why.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6"

-Most fuel injection cleaning ends up depositing a lot of junk on the
spark plug electrode as the plugs burn off the dirt cleaned by the
chemicals. The manufacturer of the cleaner I used at the shop suggested
that we change the plugs after the cleaning if we were doing both, and
to suggest at least pulling the plugs to the customer. After pulling a
couple sets, I was seeing additional deposits that were occasionally
leading to a misfire. So, no matter how new they are, it wouldnt hurt
to yank em and clean them and gap them again, not because they're worn,
but because they could've gotten fouled.
Patrick