Slow MSD fix

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Mon Jun 21 1999 - 08:16:07 EDT

Pulled this off the Dodge trucks newsgroup......
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate

Post follows....
"
I also installed an MSD 6AL in my 98 Ram and thought the truck was
running flat. So I scanned the computer and found code #0351 'primary
coil failure.' The computer was not getting the feedback from the coil
through the MSD. I called MSD and they sent me a tach adapter (#8910),
which I installed with the included diode.

This solved the problem and brought the performance back up to where it
should be. I just returned from a 1200 mile trip and am going to scan
the computer to make sure that the code hasn't popped up again. If it
has then I will have to go with the 8910HV tach adapter.

Anyone who has a MSD or Jacobs ignition should have their computer
scanned for this code. I hope this helps you out.

B. Kempke
"