Suspending...

From: Sawyer, Travis (tsawyer@northchurch.net)
Date: Mon Jun 21 1999 - 09:20:23 EDT

Folks:

Well, my wedding is this friday so I'll be in a suspended state WRT the DML.
My poor dak is going to be parked
at my parents while I'm in the Virgin Islands (yeah, it's tough being me).
But once this wedding fiasco is over with
I'll be doing a full brake job on the DAK.

My right front rotor is spent, a gouge I can almost stick my pinky in! 72k
miles. I knew the rotor was spent when I
replaced the pads in the front. This will be the first time I do the shoes
in the rear so I'll have the drums turned and
rid myself of the braking vibration.

The dealer quoted me $355 for a front brake job (pads and rotors). I
laughed at the service manager and told him
I could replace the drums, rotors, shoes and pads for that myself and he
told me flat out that if I know how to do
it that I should. He said the prices for brakes are borderline rape. I
have to agree.

So... farewell for 2 weeks, when I return I'll be married and in the middle
of a brake job...

ttfn

Travis
'97 CC Sport+ 5.2l 4x4 w/5Hp DML sticker mod

---
If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space

Northchurch Communications Inc. 5 Corporate Drive Andover, MA 01810 (978)691-6335 PGP Fingerprint 418B BB2B BBDA C025 59D1 3677 CB4C 0319 7F80 4453