Re: Alternator question......

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 21 1999 - 13:25:53 EDT

<< Hey Kyle,
 Haven't seen anyone respond to this one yet, so I thought I'd get out the
 service manual and look it up. This is from the '95 manual, but I would
 guess that Nippondenso part numbers are consistent across the years.
 This is what I have:
 Part # Rating
 53008646 75A
 53008647 90A
 53008651 120A
  I have a keen interest in this topic ever since I looked up the amperage
 draw for electric self-recovery winches (300A). I also have the 75A
 alternator, looks like I'll be upgrading that at the same time I put the
 winch on.

Jason,
Thanks alot for looking that up for me, much appreciated!!! So I guess I do
have the 75amp alt, unfortunately I guess. I want to put 2 Hella 55watt fog
lights and 2 Hella 55watt driving lights on my Grill/Brush Guard for
additional/safer driving conditions for this upcoming hunting/fourwheelin'
season. Do you know what the amp draw would be for the lights I want to put
on and if my alt. could handle the additional draw?? I do have, in my opinion
a great battery, it is a Champion 4WD 4 post 1050 CA(at 32 degrees and
warmer) and 900CCA(at temps up to -20 degrees). Thanks again,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6