Mopar Performance Parts Status

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Jun 21 1999 - 15:41:50 EDT

This morning, I emailed 2 MPP discount sites, Mancini Racing and Koller's
Dodge in search for on-the-shelf MP 464 valve springs.

First, the bad news. I received this response from RPM Racing.

   Unfortunately, the '464 valve springs are still on back order.
   We are experiencing the WORST year that I can recall for back
   orders. There is "at least" a 30% back order situation in the
   entire Mopar Performance catalog. Would you like for me to
   "cross-reference" a "compatible" spring for you?
   (I've even called a few of my competitors and can't find
    any #5249464 springs.) Pete @ RPM Racing

Now the good news for me (hopefully). When I entered the PN for
the springs, the Koller's Dodge site responded that they had 23 in stock.
I immediately ordered 16. Keeping my fingers crossed. With my luck,
if they do come in a week, the ones that I ordered cince April from the parts
department at a Dodge dealer will also probably come in.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red