Neon R/T

From: P. Phelps (pap20@juno.com)
Date: Mon Jun 21 1999 - 22:08:09 EDT

>the R/T comes out of the whole like gang busters but loses it breath at
between 4 and 5 grand. >This is just were the Neon starts to wake up.

That's the inherent difference between a pushrod motor and a "cammer."

>That was before they came out with a Dual overhead cam 180hp engine.

When did they release this? Thought they only had two engines, the 132hp
SOHC and the 150hp DOHC (well, only the SOHC now).

Off topic:

Anyone seen the latest Popular Mechanics? Rated the new Lightning as one
of their 13 fastest (#13). If I remember correctly, it went into the
13's. Loved the Cobra too, believe it managed 12th on the list. What a
slug!!! Only seen a coupla high-13 sec. times outta them. Fastest stock
F-body so far: 12.89.

Paul
'99 R/T CC DA