payload/tires

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Mon Jun 21 1999 - 22:42:36 EDT

Actually your both right, the car tires kill payload, as does the
lowering,
but if you could find some LT tires in the 17 inch form, you payload
would
go
way up (like to a regular dakota)

-I bet if someone checked on the sidewall of their RT's tire, they'd
find that those "car tires" probably have a payload carrying capability
in excess of the GVWR of the truck loaded to max capability. I'd bet
that each tire at max inflation can carry over 1500 pounds (each) And
also, what is the max inflation if you wanted to crank it up in them, 44
or 50 psi???
Patrick
ps-I almost got caught up in the Neon98 stuff, but realized before I
replied that it seemed like someone just jumped in and started spouting
off (like guys from the Ranger list) and really wasn't a Dakker-I
quickly deleted my reply...