Re: Hypertech Programmer

From: Angelo, Tony (Tony_Angelo@afcc.com)
Date: Tue Jun 22 1999 - 09:09:28 EDT

Just keep in mind, the Power Programmers don't let you change tuning - you
get Hypertech's "Power Programming" (whatever the hell that is, it's
supposed to be good for 25-31hp). You can, however, dial in those 4.10
gears and bigger (or smaller) tires (which keeps the antilocks and speedo
and fuel mix settings on the mark), change the computer's expected coolant
temp to work with the 160 thermo, raise the top speed, raise tranny pressure
to firm up shifts and raise shift points by 250 or 500 rpm.

Sounds pretty cool to me (but then, I bought the automatic - so what do I
know?...).

Tony Angelo
'99 Solar Yellow Sport, CC, 4X4, Bed Rail/Light Bar, Grill/Brush Guard, soon
to be 5.5" Tuff Country Lift and 33" Goodyear MTs on the stock wheels (love
that powder coat!!), Jacobs Pro-Street ignition(you convinced me, Brian D!)