RE: Subject: SuperCharger Questions

From: akm (akm@cinenet.net)
Date: Tue Jun 22 1999 - 16:41:55 EDT

The major obstacle to extract all the extra Hp and retain good drivability
is the computer. You will need some custom programming/chip to get the most
out of it.

I think either a roots or whipple charger's powerband characteristics would
compliment a street driven truck the most. Boost is usually at max by
2500rpm. If you're after ETs than you might benefit more from a centrifugal
blower such as Vortech where more rpm = more boost.

AKM
'98 Dakota R/T
'89 Mustang GT (347,Vortech S-trim, intercooler, Griggs GR-40, ...)