Re: Mopar tow hooks, install

From: Asautt@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 24 1999 - 00:43:21 EDT

Don't know exactly what you mean by "easy" but it can be done. You have to
remove the whole front bumber assembly. The instructions are pretty good, so
that part is not too bad. The real pain is punching out the bolts that hold
the bumper brackets on. I finally gave up on punching them out and cut them
off with a Dremmel. Then I had to go out and buy some Grade 8's to install
the new bumper/tow hook crossmember, because you are supposed to re-use the
old bolts. Also be aware that the bolts for the tow hooks that are supplied
with the kit are the wrong size so you have to go out and buy new bolts to
mount the tow hooks. Ma Chrysler tried to fix that one, but the "new and
improved, correct size" bolts are the worng size too. All in all it wasn't
all that hard, but if ya got the cash to have the dealer do it you can save
yourself a lot of headache.

Chief