Left Hand, Right Hand Ahemmm

From: KURTZ ERIC (erics5.9@home.com)
Date: Fri Jun 25 1999 - 19:47:19 EDT

Hi. This is a great and nobel act, but as Jack and I discussed before,
it could be a losing battle. Not to be the devils advicate, nor to not
support my fellow DML'ers, but ever read the fine print at the bottom of
the brochure's or pckg descriptions? Packages and performance issues
are always subject to change without informing the customer!
Technically it is the responsibility of the consumer to be educated on
what they are purchasing. If you don't ask, you won't know. When you
pick up your vehicle from the dealer, all they are responsible for is to
make sure that you know where everything is on the vehicle and how to
operate all of the functions, i.e. windshield wipers, turn signals etc
etc.. Now, don't get me wrong. DC screwed the pooch on this one! I
know, I work there so I get a little deeper into some of the q&a with
some of the big shots there. It was not an engineering issue, nor a
design office (where I work) issue but a publishing and PR issue. The
engineers knew the problem and so did everyone but somehow it didn't go
through the right channels to get to the publisher. THIS IS ALL THE WAY
THAT I UNDERSTAND IT AND NOT A DAIMLERCHRYSLER PUBLIC RELATIONS
TRANSCRIPT TO ANYONE!
  So, the way that they lowered the R/T is by using flat leaf springs in
back. I Forget the way that they did it in front and I threw away my
letter on it. The reason that the towing package is restricted is
because over time of towing heavy loads it will weaken the Frame in the
leaf area and become a serious safety issue. So yes, it truly is a
problem, but not a short term one. This obviously would be a long term
stress problem not something that is just going to break the first
couple times of towing! At first I thought it was a rear end and/or
drive shaft angle problem. Guess not.
  Please, understand that I am not a rep of DC, I only work there! I am
peon! I know nothing!
Eric
Shoot, everything that I just said could be wrong too!