Of Oil Changes and Spiders

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Fri Jun 25 1999 - 20:52:43 EDT

I like to do my own routine maintenance but I was getting a little sick and
tired of making a huge mess just changing the oil on my Kota... So I read all
the posts with ideas about keeping things neat and tidy and gave them a try
yesterday.

I'm hear to tell ya' it's a lost cause! Everything was going perfect and I
spilled maybe one or two drops of the old oil... Really happy, I started
putting things back together and even filled up the new oil filter with oil
prior to installing it --not a drop spilled. So, all done down below I start
to slide out from under the truck and kick over the freshly opened quart of oil
with my foot. In my haste to get out from under the truck pick up the oil can
I bang my head on the newly installed tow hooks and nearly knock myself out.
DOH! Dazed and confused I finally right the empty quart of oil and start my
cleaning routine when I notice a big honker of a spider on my shoulder!
Fortunately this one was dead, but I still nearly jumped out of my skin.

I don't know if y'all recall my previous encounter with spiders in my Kota and
I normally hain't skeered of nothin', but this is startin' to give me the
willeys!

Tom