Bad Battery at 27,500 miles

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Sun Jun 27 1999 - 13:39:12 EDT

Welcome to the world of the New Dodge. It appears that our well engineered
trucks have been built with the cheapest parts Chrysler can find
(out-source to the lowest bidder). If you get a chance, read the dodge
truck ng to discover what is in store for you (maybe) over the next few
years. Chrylser has spend several thousands of dollar in warranty work on
my 97 Dakota in the 2 1/2 years that I have had it.

A battery dying after 3 years is not unusual. You did the right thing by
not driving it, a dying battery can toast expensive electronics.

I love the truck, it's fun to drive, the dealer is great, lots of giddy up,
but it is costing (under warranty right now) as much in repairs as my 1978
3/4 ton Dodge. I bought new to get away from breakdowns and repairs for a
few years.

My advice, if you want to keep the truck, invest in an extended warranty.

Rob
97 SLT V8 Clubcab 4x4