Re: Understeer??

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sun Jun 27 1999 - 23:26:11 EDT

the reason is becaues Understeer is easier to control, and the average
driver is mor elikely to "save it" if it goes into an understeer
situation, whereas an oversteer situation requires alittle bit of
knowledge to "save" that the average driver isn't likely to know. Read
that in Motortrend =)

-mike d.

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 20:33:09 EDT DICEMAN469@aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 6/25/99 8:30:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>fawcett@uism.bu.edu writes:
>

>> Is it just me or do our trucks have mega understeer?? I've got a
>'98 4x4
>> and
>> whenever I drive some other vehicle and then get back in my truck
>it seems
>>
>> really gota crank her over to make a turn...
>>
>> If it's not just my imagination, is there some way to make the
>steering
>more
>>
>> neutral?? Is there a reason you don't want to do this with a
>truck?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Tom
>>

>Yeah, plant the engine in the back!!
>
>-Austin
>Vipertruck

miggitymike@juno.com
88 6er, LE, 3.55, Slush-o-matic, Edelbrock Headers, Flowmaster, TekStyle
Tonneau, 14x3 K&N,
Daytona bucket seats, Magnecor wires, soon to be slammed.......
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133 <or>
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf
                                              "blah blah blah..."