Re: Import/Domestic Wars WINNER!

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 11:56:14 EDT

Bob H wrote:

> CONGRATS! Alan, I bet you are on a high. How many times did you run? Man,
> your reaction time got him. My wife would kill me if she found me taking it
> to the strip!

Thanks Bob,
I have about 8 slips from elimination. I've been trying to figure the
approx. amount of entries from this info, however, it's exponential and
I'm no math wizard. Let's just say, there were PLENTY of ricers in the F
class. I was one of maybe 5 domestic vehicles in the catagory, they made
me knock off 2 domestics on the way to the win though. I thought they
would have lined us up foreign/domestic if they could, they didn't.
One of the domestic cars I beat was an SST Javeline with a 343. Cool car
and a cool Father/Son team, I truly hated having to beat them.
As for the wife? She's a real trooper, she went with me and video taped
the entire thing in 98 degree heat and ungodly humidity. I owe her BIG
time, as she saved me a heat that they only called once. I was B.S.ing
with another racer when she came up and said, "you gonna race?"
She's the coolest, I think I'll keep her!
                                                 Alan S.