Re: K&N Gen II

From: Mike Williams (williams@kode.net)
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 06:59:31 EDT

Doug Myers wrote:

> Can someone send me the part # for the Gen II FIPK for a '99 Dak? Also, does
> anyone know a dealer who has them in stock?

I just installed the K&N Gen II unit last week. A couple of guys
on the R/T list have recently received the Mopar Performance
Cold air system. After comparing notes and pictures. We have
conclusively decided that they are the same unit. The guys that
got the Mopar units got them through http://www.mopar.net/ .
The price they got was $245. My K&N distributor only received 5
units of his initial order. I'm sure they are sold by now. When
I picked mine up he had two left.

After driving around with my new system installed I can say the
I absolutely love it. The throttle response and power seems to
have increased across the whole rpm band. I didn't think I would
see that big of difference. I was running a 13 X 3" open element
cleaner. The difference is amazing.

--
Mike Williams
99 Blk R/T CC