clutch question

From: Joseph DaVolio (DavolJ@olympus.com)
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 15:07:08 EDT

I have a question, it might be a stupid one ,but I my ignorance I will ask it anyway. When does the clutch wear? Does it wear when you are engaging it and when you release it? or the entire time? I guess I am asking, If I hold the clutch in, is it wearing the clutch the whole time?

The other question I have is, what would cause the clutch to bind? Sometimes (usually after severe traffic driving) the clutch pedal will dis-engage very slowly out of first and second. I usually leave my foot above the clutch pedal until I am in fourth or fifth gear, and when I release the clutch out of second I can feel the DAK bogg down, then My foot gets hit by the pedal and away I go. Could this be the clutch cable?

Thanks
Joe