Re: Pros/cons of the Hooker headers?

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@Icc.vitelcom.net)
Date: Tue Jun 29 1999 - 15:10:03 EDT

Hooker Competition headers are made for a variety of "similar"
engine/chassis combinations and would probably have some clearance
issues(hammer time). The Super Competition headers are very engine/chassis
specific. There shouldn't be any such problems. On my mustang, some of the
primary tubes were even slip jointed and had to be moved and rotated in a
certain sequence to get the headers in. *Once* in there was no problems. If
you get the right size headers (primary tube diameter) for your application,
it will improve power across the entire range.
I don't know what is available for the dak, but if it's Super Competition,
it's a winner.
Dr. Pat