Corvettes and R/T's

From: P. Phelps (pap20@juno.com)
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 16:59:46 EDT

>I disagree with this just a bit. Do you buy a corvette to tow? Come on

>guys, how do you expect high performance AND all the "properties" that
you
>buy a truck for. I agree that DC tried to pull a fast one but aren't
you a
>BIT suspiscious when DC advertises this? Common sense would tell you
that
>something was fishy.

Is the R/T a Corvette? I think not. I EXPECT the towing capacity
because DC ADVERTISED that it would tow that capacity. Camaros can tow
2K#, so it's unrealistic for me to expect a TRUCK to be able to tow more?
 The 4wd Shelby Durango is lowered by 3 inches and it can still tow
7300#. The new Ford Lightning is lowered a couple of inches and it can
tow 5000#. The Saleen Explorer, which is lowered 2 inches, can still tow
at a regular Explorer's rated capacity (3000#+). These are all
specialized Sport Utes and Trucks, both aftermarket and in-house, and all
of them have modified suspensions, yet they retain their towing
capacities (Lightning excluded, though 5K# is a lot more than the 2K# for
the R/T). But, you're right, I have no common sense and I should've been
suspicious. Gimme a break!

Just my $.10

Paul
'99 R/T CC DA