Hot Air

From: Hostetler (zigzag2@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 18:13:04 EDT

I just bought a 99 Dakota Red RC SLT with 5.2 five speed with LSD. If
you sit more than 5 minutes at an idle. When you take off it starts
sucking that Hot Air, it runs and sounds like crap. True it last for
only a few seconds but it bugs me. The K&N Generation II still draws air
from under
the hood. I thought about taking that plastic horn off and running a
piece of duct or something
straight out along side the radiator just behind the grill. I had 96
Dakota Sport with 5.2 and
automatic, I ran a 14" X 3" open element with that and I knew I was
sucking hot air but
that was a non standard setup. I expect better with a factory setup. I
loved the 96 Black Dak Sport
I kept it for 2 years and 46,000 miles. Traded it for 98 Caravan 36,000
in 12 months, traded it
for the 99 that so far I like very much. I don't want to go the Ram Air
Hood way. Richard the sewing
machine man in south Georgia.