Re: RE: DC Responsibility

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 01 1999 - 12:33:48 EDT

--- Mike Crumley <mcrumley@airmail.net> wrote:
> At 10:45 AM 6/29/99 , you wrote:
>
> >a year or so after you've made that investment, DC
> >says, "Heh, we lied... tough luck."
>
> What evidence do you have that DC "lied"? My
> understanding is that they
> discovered this problem after production was well
> underway and as they were
> doing continuing testing on the R/T. If this is
> indeed the case, then it
> does not constitute a lie from either a moral or
> legal standpoint. I agree

Mike, you have to read the letters we've received from DC first hand.
They state that they've learned there was an 'oversight' or error in
the manual regarding towing. No mention of "During testing we've
determined the tow rating should be lowered". Only, that it's a big
'Typo' in the manual. No mention that they promoted the R/T as a Sport
truck with MORE (and showing an Intense Blue RT CC towing what appears
to be a Bayliner or Maxum 18' fish/ski boat), and are now changing
their minds about the tow rating. The letters are just a cover-up, or
lie, they hope will just blow over. I called the customer relations
people last week, and was told the area rep would contact me with 3
business days. It's been 6 business days now, so I'm going to give
them a call again. Next step is my friend the lawyer. Chrysler needs
to pull their heads out of the sand, and take care of the people
they've mislead, then we can all move on. I for one want to be able to
tow a boat (~3500-4000#), and more than likely I'll keep the CC RT, and
adapt it to tow the higher weight (if Chrysler would ever fess up and
explain EXACTLY why the RT has a lower rating than a Sport.)

Sam '99 RT x 2