Re: Jacobs ignition

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 01 1999 - 21:08:56 EDT

In a message dated 7/1/99 2:25:17 PM EST, Tony_Angelo@afcc.com writes:

> Since I finally got my lifted Dak back, I started going through the
> instructions for the Pro-Street. I notice they provide a whole 120 days
> warranty - 4 stinkin' months! So I call them up for an explanation and I
> get: "Have you ever bought a home computer? Four months is really generous
> for a computer." I explained how my Gateway came with a THREE YEAR
> warranty. Then I explained to him what "120 days" looks like - they make
> such a crap ignition that they feel can't even go 6 months (let alone a
> whole year like MSD) and still make money. He then offered to sell me a
one
> year warranty. I offered to return the damn thing. He gave me the one
year
> warranty for free. Sad thing is, I don't feel like I've won anything - I
> just got what should have been mine in the first place...
>
> Tony Angelo
> '99 Solar Yellow Sport, CC, Full Time 4X4, Bed Rail/Light Bar, Grill/Brush
> Guard, Tuff Country 5.5" Lift, 33X12.5 Goodyear MTs on the stock wheels
> (love that powder coat!!), Jacobs Pro-Street ignition

I had one on my truck and with the MPSBEC, I got high speed glazing on my
plugs twice and after the computer "adjusted" for the increased output, I
never noticed a difference. I just think that aftermarket ignition systems
(coupled with a HO computer which initially boosts the ign. sys. dosent do a
damn thing but screw things up.).
Boog