5-Star Dealer (sorry, long)

From: BlakDak97@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 02 1999 - 00:59:25 EDT

We always here about the bad ones, here's a GOOD one. I'll try to keep this
short.
Last friday night I had to go somewhere and my truck wouldn't start. OK, take
the bike its nice out. I spent the weeekend trying to figure out why the
truck will run while hooked up with jumper cables but, dies as soon as I
unhook it. Well, Monday I had it towed to the dealer to let them take a look.
I was told up front that they might not be able to get to it untill Tuesday.
I told them to also look at the right front caliper because it has locked up
on me twice. On Tuesday afternoon they called me and told me that the
starting problem was due to a dead cell in the battery (non-warranty item)
and the caliper needed to be replaced ( warranty item) and the brake pads
needed to be replaced and the rotors needed to be turned (non-warranty). I
told them that I thought that if the caliper was bad then the pads and rotor
turning should be covered also. "Sorry, wear items, not covered." Then they
told me that the intake gasket was leaking and and so was the thermostat
gasket (warranty items).I was then quoted
$348.00 to fix everything, I told them to go ahead and fix everything. Well,
Wednesday evening I picked up the truck, everything was done and I was given
a bill for $228.35 ?!?!? Seems that they must have had a change of heart, I
wasn't billed for the pads($54.00)or the turning of the rotors($36.00). And
who knows how come $54.00+$36.00= $120.00 that wasn't on the bill.
Can I give this dealer an extra star or two???
Tormohlen Motor Sales, Inc.
700 E. South St.
Freeport ILL. 61032
Mike R.