RE: Oil for 5 speed trans

From: McKinney, John R. MHX (McKinJr@hpd.abbott.com)
Date: Fri Jul 02 1999 - 11:24:40 EDT

I just went though this on mine and while I couldn't get anyone to suggest a
replacement fluid, everybody suggested that I stick with the Chysler stuff
until it's out of warranty, since it specifically says in the owners manual
that it's the only replacement for the NV3500 tranny. As far as the price
$14 sounds very high. I bought mine at my dealer for about $8.50/qt
(almost the same as the synthetics I was looking at) and this was after I
told him that I wouldn't pay the $10/qt he was initially asking!! Check
with some other dealers, maybe even a Jeep dealer. BTW-I had to buy 3 qts
to completely fill the tranny, it just uses a little of the third qt.

John McKinney