Re: Re: 4x4 crazies

From: TREMAIN LYNNE (bmbl-b1@home.com)
Date: Fri Jul 02 1999 - 07:53:28 EDT

I did a test with our truck last winter I went down a icey street at
50kph (30mph) first in 2wd and tried to stop as quickly as safely
possible, I then did the same thing at the same place in 4wd. I have
rear wheel ABS only, but with it locked in with rear ABS the rear tires
keep turning thus the transfer case keeps the front wheels turning as
well. My stopping distance was much shorter, this is quite different
from any of the other 4x4's I've ever owned, I've had Ford,Dodge and
Chevy's. I don't condone driving like an idiot in the winter, you drive
a 4x4 with the same care as a two wheel drive, but this Dak is the best
winter braking vehicle I,ve ever owned. I,ve noticed nobody has anything
good to say about the factory Goodyears, but they work better in the
snow than the BFG allterrains,superswampers, or monster mudders, and
I've run everything from 44" swampers to 32" BFG'S (allthough it's
probably the Dak that makes the difference),with 7 months of use I
satisfied with them so far (haven't played in the mud yet)

Just my .02 worth

Dave T.
99 Solar Yellow CC Sport+ 4x4 31's
64 Mercury Short Box Stepside 4x4 36" swampers