Re: K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Jul 05 1999 - 08:14:40 EDT

At 01:02 PM 7/3/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone have this kit, or know anything of it? Seems quite expensive

If we're talking about the same thing, the K&N FIPK (model 1503 for 97+ V8s)
consists of a 14" x 2.75" open element, base plate with connector tube
for the breather on the valve cover, chrome cover plate, all gaskets/bolts,
an S-bolt and the cleaner kit. A spacer for the TB is not needed and there
are no clearance problems.

The only thing that you may need to get is a hose to connect the breather
to the connector on the base plate. I used the two existing OE short hoses
and remove the OE plastic, crossover tube. I swivelled the base plate so
that the connector was now on the side of the breather and used a hose
from my swimming pool supplies to join the two OE hoses. It fitted snugly
inside the two hoses...no clamps required.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red