Re: Synthetic Oil for Tranny/Rear Axle

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Jul 05 1999 - 22:33:32 EDT

I put Redline C+ in my '98 auto... I bought 4 but it needed 6 and a smidgen
(DOH!) for a filter and fluid replacement. It felt like it shifted better
afterwards, but nothing spectacular... I put it in more for piece of mind than
anything else.

I bought AMSOIL Series 2000 75W-140 gear lube for the rear diff. but I haven't
put it in yet... I'm gonna' use that when I install a rear locker (hopefully
this summer).
Tom