Re: fuel filter

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 05 1999 - 16:03:44 EDT

Nay, on 95's it's IN the fuel tank... The filter
does it's thing as gas goes into the tank.. Do
yourself a favor and get rid of this one, and
cut/flare the metal fuel line along the rail somewhere
and get a large fuel filter..

--- BoogYT1300@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 7/5/99 2:40:32 PM EST,
> RHedgc6259@AOL.COM writes:
>
> > My 95 dakota isn't getting enough gas so I figured
> it needed a new fuel
> > filter since it has gone 52000 miles without a
> replacement, but when I
> tried
> >
> > to find where the filter goes I couldn't find it
> anywhere. Does it even
> > have
> > one?
> Yup, it should be external, try along the frame, its
> prob. tucked up near th
> middle of the truck.
> Dont forget to relieve the pressure in the fuel rail
> first, just get a rag
> and find a shrader valve on the rail. Depress the
> core like you would on
> your tires, there shouldnt be too mush gas that
> comes out.
> Ttyl
> Boog

===
Jon Smith -- Raleigh, NC
'95 CC SLT 4x4 318 auto (15.653@89.12)
MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 FABM & SBBS, dual cat-back glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers, ASP underdrive crank pulley, Hayden 16" elec. fan
http://come.to/killbilly
ICQ # 9720504
IM: Fast4x4