truck does not start

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Tue Jul 06 1999 - 19:51:07 EDT

Mine did that when the fuel pump packed it in. If so, plan on having it
towed to the dealer. Good thing it's still under warranty.

Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 15:34:46 -0700
From: KUZNIK TRENTEN <dakota97@home.com>
Subject: DML: truck does not start

I have a 97 Dakota cc 4X4 and the problem is it would not start, when I
put the key in and go for a start, it started up the first couple of
times but it would quickly stall, putter out and stall that is. try a
couple of more tries but now would just crank over, let it rest for a
while and try it again go for a start same thing starts and then quickly
putters out and stalls.

Any help would be appreciated as I have no confidence in the dealerships
workmanship I have had a long list of things that they have fixed but
really didn't or fix one thing and break another. Im in the dark as for
engine problems and such so as long as I can get something on this
matter or if others have had similar problems I can fix the problem, or
at least grill the service guys.

Later... Trent
PS and beginning to question the Dodge trucks long list of problems that
I am hearing on this list one after another. I love the truck, but am
wondering weather to get rid of it and buy a Import., (bad word) I am
beginning to say X-tera by Nissan.

Rob Agnew ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C. Canada