RE: Didn't start!

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Thu Jul 08 1999 - 09:26:54 EDT

> Today I went to leave work. Got into the Dak..inserted key..turned
> key......nothing..not even a click. Idiot lights went on as normal.
> Voltmeter showing plenty of juice coming from the battery.
> Nothing left on
> while in work.
>
> I continued turning the key ...then started turning the key with the shift
> in "neutral", then back in "park"...still NOTHING!. Sat there
> pondereing my
> next move...(this happened to me once before) so I continued
> trying to start
> her up. Finally it just decided to start (without hesitation I
> might add).
> I'm thinking I have a bad ignition switch....or possibly worse...a bad
> starter. Any tips as to how I can find out for sure??
> Thanks!!

Check/clean battery posts/terminals, check/clean starter terminals.
Next time it happens check to see if you have any faults reported to the
PCM.If no faults are reported keep it in Neutral and try starting (if starts
the neutral safety switch is bad).. One quick question.... Do you have a
key-chain that rivals a womens purse in the way of weight??? If so start
looking for a new ignition switch...

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd