Re: RE: front springs for 2wd Daks

From: Corey A Meyer (cameyer@bw.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 08 1999 - 10:40:58 EDT

        You could buy stiffer front springs. I did this for my 89 2wd. I
don't recall where I got them, but the new ones were much thicker and
ended up in about a 2-3 in. raise just by themselves. The only problem
was that I tried to put them in myself and ended up needing to get someone
who was experienced with them to do it. It is very difficult and also
dangerous. They are fairly cheap and work well...although they give a
stiffer ride.
        You could also buy these little lifters that you wedge into the
spring that give you some lift-they are very cheap and easy.
        I also put on a body lift kit. This was I think 3", maybe
2"...anyways it was from Performance Accessories I believe and cost me
about $70. It was fairly easy to do as well. The problem there is that
the bumpers are attached to the frame which stays the 2" lower and some of
the frame is exposed underneath.
        Hope I helped