Re: DML SERVICE report

From: Joseph DaVolio (DavolJ@olympus.com)
Date: Thu Jul 08 1999 - 11:25:38 EDT

My dealer is great. They could not find a problem with my clutch, but they completely disassembled it and inspected every piece. They say the idle is normal for the 318 engine. The bed was too close to the cab, so they adjusted it and touched up the paint. They finally found the water leak. It was a missed weld point at the base of the windshield. They fixed it and I don't hear the wind noise anymore. For all my problems the dealer gave me a free oil change and painted my taillight covers the body color for free. NOT BAD I would say. My truck has 4129 miles on it and it is 6 months old. You can't tell me this is a dealer problem!! I second the comment somebody made, If DC doesn't do something about their quality I will buy somewhere else. They sure make beautiful vehicles, but what good are they if they fall apart?

Joe

>>> fdedip <fdedip@whale-mail.com> 07/07 4:23 AM >>>

My '98 hasn't had anywhere near those kind of problems. The rack-and-pinion did have to be replaced after a year, which I thought was wierd.
I think some people's Dak problems have to do with their dealership. Mine doesn't keep me waiting. And if they can't fix something right away, they tell me, and give me a date when they can.
Flip