Towing issue update - 7/8/99

From: Densteadt, James (james.densteadt@eds.com)
Date: Thu Jul 08 1999 - 16:47:26 EDT

Actually almost none of the dealers know anything about the R/T issue.
There has been no plan of attack on this issue yet according to DC. I just
got off the phone with them. It seems the 98's are a little different from
the 99's in that the 99's were offered with a towing package. From what the
guy on the phone told me they are offering all owners with the towing
package on the R/T a reimbursement for an upgrade to the existing tow
package. While on the 98's they haven't made a clear cut decision. I
opened up a file with Chrysler and will be getting some word in the next
couple days. If anybody would like to do the same the number is
18009921997. It seems to be a popular problem already because the guy on
the phone new exactly what I was talking about the minute I mentioned the
R/T. I love my R/T and it's one hell of a truck. BUT...I've had so many
problems with dealership service, with the truck itself in the first year I
owned it, and the way Chrylser goes about handleing their company has made
me wanna take a break if I can. Dodge has some great vehicles...with looks
that take the gold, but if they don't do something with their service and
business ethics they're gonna find themselves without any customers. I know
all companies have their problems but I've never had so many problems with
service till now and I'm sick of waiting for everything from them....mopar
SBEC, response to problems, etc..... Just where I stand right now.