Re: black clearcoat & atomic bird ka-ka

From: HrtbeatZ28@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 08 1999 - 20:56:49 EDT

I have the same thing happening to my Black CC . I have also been using t=
he=20
Meguiars products. I've waxed the whole truck 4 times and I always wax th=
e=20
hood and front quarters after a wash job, Next wash, cab and roof. Next w=
ash,=20
rear quarters, tailgate and snuglid. Then start over. I think that if wax=
 was=20
going to protect it, this routine would accomplish it. Plus, I took deliv=
ery=20
last October, not even a year old. The question about the quality of the=20
clearcoat is interesting. My wife's Caravan (dark green), my Z28 (purple=
=20
metallic) do not have this problem. I don't have any idea about the paint=
ing=20
process, is it possible that a step could be left out? Has the amount of=20
clearcoat been decreased? How many others have experience with this probl=
em=20
and is it limited to Black only?=20
Jim Colson
Lawrence, Kansas (95=B0 today)