Re[2]: Towing Issue SAGA update #4

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Jul 08 1999 - 21:55:33 EDT

Yup. I could leave it in 4 wheel drive full-time all the time if I wanted to.

It looks almost identical to the part-time system except I have one more
position on my 4wdr selector. There is no binding of the driveline because the
t-case has something akin to a differential in it so the front and rear axles
can turn at different speeds. The lack of this differential is what grenades
part-time systems if you drive them on paved roads too much.

On the beach, snow or rain on the roads it works great. For any serious off
roading I just shift into part-time 4wdr. Like I said, Tastes great/less
binding!
Tom