4x4 242HD conversion

From: David Rand Kirtland (drk16@cornell.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 09 1999 - 02:32:54 EDT

you could change it, but it would cost alot. a new or used a nv242HD is
expensive, plus you would probably need new drive shafts and some other
misc parts. i've driven vehicles with NV231 (part time only), NV242, and
NV249(full time 4x4, on demand) for the money the 231 is the best. the 249
takes a split second to engage and to use it properly in bad situations you
have to anticipate and induce spin. the 242's full time setting is alright,
but under power it doesn't perform as a true all-wheel/full-time drive xfer
case. the 231 is cheaper and lighter, and if you really need 4x4 then you
only need part time. but hey thats my opinion.

At 01:02 AM 7/9/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm jealous :( I wish I would have ordered this option right from the
>beginning. Do you know what the cost was for the option. I'm very curious
>as to what is involved, or even if it's possible to have it put on now. Any
>ideas?

          David Rand Kirtland
          drk16@cornell.edu