Towing Saga (again)

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Sat Jul 10 1999 - 03:05:38 EDT

I took it upon myself to look at a RAM today. Wife wouldn't
have it.

We then discussed the white Dakota 4x4 up in LA. So, at 6:15pm
tonight, we blasted up to Van Nuys (135 miles each way). Turns
out the 4x4 has everything we have on the RT, except radio controls
on the steering wheel, and the 40/20/40 seats are actually the same
seats in my RT RC, but without the console-- actually more comfortable,
and the driver's side is electric.

Took it for a spin, and could feel the extra weight, but not bad at all.
Tried out the 2Hi
              4FT
              4HI
                   4LO... in the parking lot. I guess you need to roll a
little to get into 4 LO... but it was pretty simple.

We said YES, we will take it. After the get the steering aligned!!...
The steering wheel was 45 degrees while going straight.

Monday we contact DC to proceed with the swap, and probably by Thursday
or Friday we will go back up and do the trade. Looks like for the So Cal.
show
we will only have 1 RT... maybe we will bring the 'Sport' too.. I don't know
yet.
We will see how it goes. Now, what kind of gas mileage are you 4x4 guys
getting
(3.55 gears, w/wheel and tire package)

Sam '99 RT x 1