Re: right 180 T-stat?

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 11 1999 - 23:59:19 EDT

Yes. get a new gasket. it'll cost you tho. can you afford 89 cents plus
state taxes?
The thermostat is a pain in the ARSE to change. have you investigated on how
you should do it yet? if not. here's my recommendation.
remove the alternator. meaning you have to take off the serpentine belt.
then remove the clamp that goes into the housing on the intake. antifreeze
WILL leak down you engine, burnt antifreeze smells good... do it outside if
permitted... and remember to get a container to catch the antifreeze.
remove the two nuts and the lil housing should be free. take that out and
scrape what's left of the old gasket off and also take the old thermostat out
and yell at it for all the crap it's taken you to get it out.

after you've scraped the gasket off. put the thermostat back in. (the right
way...) i think it's spring side down? now the tricky part. i clamped
the radiator to intake hose onto the lil metal housing and used the hose as a
guide to help me put the screws in. as soon as you get both screws in. thank
the lord. then tighten em up. add some more antifreeze and have fun with the
new thermostat. wash the engine if you want want the burnt antifreeze smell.
-Dester