Re: Annoying Hiss possibly: K&N FIltercharger?

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Mon Jul 12 1999 - 15:00:30 EDT

On Sun, 11 Jul 1999 01:03:54 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 00:29:35 EDT
>From: SuperNagz@aol.com
>Subject: Re: DML: Annoying Hiss possibly: K&N FIltercharger?
>
>I noticed today the first few times I started my truck after installing my
>FIPK, I would hear a hiss.. but only on startup.. and only the first few
>times I started the truck...
>
>I'll keep an ear open to see if it comes back.. but my guess, is maybe the
>gasket wasn't sealed 100% for the first few times

  Hello DAKsters,

  Ever wonder why auto manufacturers spend hundreds of thousands of
dollars to design intake tracts when dropping a K&N on it will produce
10 - 15 more hp? That "annoying" noise is the exact reason! These
people have entire departments with their accompanying huge payrolls
devoted to ergonomics and creature comforts, like sound control. The
hiss is the sound of air being ingested into your engine - you're just
hearing it a little better now....

                Later,

                        Russ Selkirk

--