Re: Anyone with a 96'?

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 02:06:39 EDT

At 06:40 PM 7/12/99 , you wrote:
>I need Help. I got a 96 Dak Sport, and I need to find someone with there
>Owner's Manual still.. My Problem is, I need to know which fuse is for the
>ABS.. I do not have the book or anything to use to look this up, and need to
>know which Fuse it is..

  Can do...

  There's the ABS light relay next to the fuse block (and next to the turn
signal flasher). Fuse #4 (5 amp, tan) is for the ABS brake system, #7 (10
amp, red) is for the rear wheel anti-lock module, #11 (20 amp, yellow) is
also for the RWAL module. There's also some ABS stuff in the power
distribution center (under the hood on the driver's side of the engine bay,
just behind the battery): The relay on the end of the middle row is for
the ABS power (the furthest away from the 2 double blade fuses in that
row). The first fuse in the row of 8 large fuses is for the ABS system (40
amp, green); this fuse is on the opposite end of the box from the ABS relay.

  I scanned in the fuse and PDC pages from my owner's manual; you can check
'em out at:

http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/www/dakota/attachments/stei0302@cs.fred
onia.edu/1996_owners_manual/

(If that link doesn't work, from the DML Home Page, go to Attachments, then
stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu, then 1996_owners_manual.)

  p160.jpg and p161.jpg are the fuse block, p162.jpg is the PDC. Probably
a bit easier than trying to decipher my description. :-)

I hope this helps. Good luck!

                                               -Jon-