Re: Stealth Fuel Filter Plus

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 11:38:28 EDT

The ONLY other explantion I can come up with is that if the pump is in the
tank, the only way to protect the pump from dirty gas is to filter before
it, so.......

but just 'cause you're paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you.

Gary Shook

>What year truck? My '95 is in the tank, though it
>filters the gas as it enters the tank. My opinion is
>that they did this to force 98% of owners to bring it
>back to the dealer to have them change the filter..
>It's all a giant left-winged conspiracy; now I must
>go, the ATF is here, they are trying to burn the place
>down :O
>

>--- sam turner <sdt@telepath.com> wrote:
>> Please, would one of you technical types please
>> explain to me why Dodge
>> put the fuel filter in the fuel tank instead of
>> outside where a normal
>> citizen could get to it for periodic change? My past
>> experience with
>> various vehicles causes me to believe that routine
>> fuel filter change is
>> one of the best moves against unpredictable engine
>> failure. And for any
>> of you Dodge factory types that may be reading
>> this, I would also like
>> to propose that you put a hand operated parking
>> brake vice the current
>> foot brake on sports/ performance vehicles. Also
>> does anyone know if
>> that trip resetting thingy on the instrument panel
>> is suppose to work
>> when you have an overhead console or does that
>> electrical gizmo require
>> the manual trip gauge resetter to be rendered non
>> functional by design?
>> Still a great truck! mamba
>>

>===
>Jon Smith -- Raleigh, NC
>'95 CC SLT 4x4 318 auto (15.653@89.12)
>MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 FABM & SBBS, dual cat-back
glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers, ASP underdrive crank
pulley, Hayden 16" elec. fan