Re: Re: DML Please help

From: David Gloff (dgloff@xnet.com)
Date: Wed Jul 14 1999 - 14:13:30 EDT

Another minor flaw with that argument

With the Dakota (built in Warren, MI) and the Neon (Belvedere, IL) as
notable exceptions, most Mopar vehicles are built outside the states
(mexico and canada). Most Toyotas are built here, including all camrys,
solaras, tacomas, and Avalons. Not sure about other models. So the
"import" brand cars actually have employed more american workers than most
"Domestic" branded ones.

With that finished, (and yes, I generally would buy a Toyota/Honda over a
"big 3" vehicle) I'm not the least bit sorry I bought my Dakota, I just
didn't think that any foreign manufacturer had a compelling pickup. I had
given the Tundra a serious look (prior to its release), until I found out
that a 5-speed was only availabe with the v6, so it was out. The Tacoma,
Frontier, and T100 (last year) are all crap, so my best (only?) choice was
the Dak. :-)

David Gloff
Computer Technician
Valcom Professional Computer Center; Kemper/Scudder/Zurich Funds
aolim: dgloff
Loaded Intense Blue '99 Dakota Sport CC 318 5-speed 3.92SG

"This is a litigation-free zone. Prosecutors will be Violated."