Shorty Headers

From: j.ham (j.ham@CWIX.com)
Date: Wed Jul 14 1999 - 23:03:10 EDT

iiiiiiii

Dakota heads everywhere.

    I just installed a set of shorty headers on my 96 Sport Club Cab 318.
The difference they make is subtle but its there. They seem quieter.
Acceleration from stop seems to be slightly more rapid. The biggest thing
that tells me there is a change is when it shifted 1 to 2 on my auto trans
and chirped the tires (under hard acceleration). I'll be installing a free
flow cat-back system next. I have a 14" open element air cleaner so the T/B
clean up is coming soon as well.
    My only complaint is that the idle is pretty rough. Was rough before the
headers. I have a Jacobs ignition, 180 thermostat, air filter, and a slight
bump at idle. Any ideas?
    I'm also still trying to find some help in finding a one piece drive
shaft to mate up with my trans, and dif. Anybody know of a year that will
fit?

    Finally, I had the opportunity to blow the doors off one of the "all new
Chevy's" with my "out dated Dodge". He boxed me in in traffic so I couldn't
get in front of him, but at the next light guess who was sitting next to
him? He kept jumping on it so the front kept popping up to show me how bad
he was. So when the light went green we both tromped the gas. By the time we
were through the intersection I had him by a fender and just kind of walked
away from him after that. Believe me he was trying, cause at the next light
he gave me the single digit salute, and turned right quickly.

    I'll try to be more consistant with my e-mail, but lifes busy.

JonH