Future Dak owner (presently Ranger)

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Thu Jul 15 1999 - 01:04:41 EDT

I have a Ferd buddy of mine (former Ferd tech) who bought a new Ranger
recently. Boy, does he hate it! The throw-out bearing went out, damaging
the clutch @ 8,000 miles, stuck caliper destroyed brake pads @ 9,000
miles, and the dealer tells him that yeah, they'll replace the caliper,
and the throw-out bearing, but not the pad or clutch since it's a wear
item. I understand some things, but not replacing a bad part caused by
defective parts?? Come on!! I rode in that truck, and he admits it
handles like crap, (and I will testify to it, too) and praised how my
Dak handled (I have the standard susp!) He is seriously considering
dumping the Ferd back on Ferd's lot and buying a Dak (thanks to me
letting him ride in mine on Hwy 78 going to Julian. Sam P, you know how
that road that is)!! Oh, I serviced a new '99 Shivy p/u on the road
today. His radiator hose blew off. Go figure!! Cheverolet- Cranks Hard
Every Valve Rattles Oil Leaks Every Time. So true!! So quit gripin'
about Dodges' problems-everybody's got problems. The only time my Dak
was towed to the dealer was 'cause I AM the tow truck driver, and I
needed the tow truck to get me around while the Dak was being serviced.
My Dak has never let me down in 45,000 miles. So there :-P
Take care, and I hope to see all you SoCal Daker's in Glendora on Sat
nite for the dinner & Sun at the show! Just look for my mini Dak
display.

                          Ed